Thursday, March 23, 2017

Book Launch

Oh Boy, Today is the day I debut my 2 books on background fills!  I am nervous and excited (and seriously hoping there are not issues!).  They each list for $25, and may be purchased on my website MainelyQuiltsofLove.com.   If you are going to MQX, I will have them there in my classes (or message me).  I will also have a table to sell them at on Saturday 2:30pm after my talk (Meet me at the MQX Lecture Zone).

About the books... they high quality paper, laminated cardstock covers, spiral bound. Both books discuss threads, techniques for stitching, and general ways to better accomplish these designs.  Lots of photos and illustrations.  Designs may be quilted on BOTH longarm and domestic machines! Here is the direct link to my website where the BOOKS may be ordered.  If you want one autographed, indicate that in the "instructions to merchant".


1. Dense & Dainty (93 pg) is all about dense fills that can be stitched free-hand.  These designs require minimal marking and next to no template use.  Though patterns may be scaled to the user's desired size, I like them small anywhere you might be inclined to stipple.   Over 100 designs presented.
Here is a sample from the book...



2. Beautiful Backgrounds (91 pages) is all about grid-based fills.  You'll learn marking, basic fills derived from the Sashiko and how to beautifully embellish them.  There are LOTS of non-Sashiko fills too, over 80 in all.  Fills are for all grids including square, point, triangle, rectangle and hexagon.

  
Here are a couple samples from the book.

Lastly, for those of you that want to practice the grid-based fills, my Spoonflower shop now sells gridded fabric for 1" and 1/2" square and on-point grids!  Each FQ has 12 5" gridded squares, and each yard has 48 squares.  This fabric is a great accompaniment to the book.  Go to Spoonflower.com and in the search box at the top right, type "beautifulbackgrounds" to locate these fabrics.  Please note I will not have these at MQX or on my website.
The image above shows what is available on a half yard of the fabric.  These are awesome for practicing and completely eliminate the need to mark the grid.


4 comments:

sdrussell said...

I just ordered the books. Can't wait until they arrive. I am hoping to learn a lot of things from these two books. I will hopefully be making exciting quilting designs in the near future.

Heritage Keepsakes said...

Congratulations on your books!! And thank you for sharing your talent and insight on quilting, with others.

JulieA said...

I just received my copies in the mail! Hooray! Started browsing thru these and am amazed and awed! Photos, drawings, and instructions are fabulous. And the publication quality is as good, if not better, than any other quilting book I have (I have quite a few!). Margaret, this is definitely great and valuable work. Thank you.

Heritage Keepsakes said...

My books arrived today and all I can say is WOW!!! They truly have to be the most concise books on the technical aspects of these types of quilting. Your explanations are fantastic and the pictures and drawings explain clearly how to achieve the quilting. Thank you Margaret, for giving of yourself in producing these books, to the benefit of all quilters worldwide.